Hillview Resource Centre promotes education, training & information in an informal way. This means that we host events and conduct one to one with groups and individuals. Increasing skills in the community is an essential part of community development (capacity building) and we work with partners organisations e.g. other FRC’s, HSE, Southside Partnership, Education & Training Board. Our Development Worker also responds to requests for information and advice and also works with individuals.
We specialise in providing information through events held at the centre, sessions planned for 2018 include:
- Mindfulness – stress management and reflection
- Healthy Eating – working with adults to provide low cost healthy meals
- Up Cycling – learn how to take something old and make it into something new
- Suicide Awareness Day – raising increased awareness of suicide in the community
- Community Information – small group information sessions e.g. young people, older people, parents
- 16 Day Campaign – promoting the elimination of violence against women (coffee morning & information)
- Children’s Art – developing children’s interest in art and encouraging their participation at weekly activities
- Transgender Equality Network Ireland – community information coffee morning
- International Women’s Day – breakfast morning
- World Day Against Child Labour – information morning
- plus more…
Call Katie, Development Worker on 087 195 7419 for more information or to volunteer your time and expertise.