‘Family, Community & You’
Hillview Resource Centre is a community development organisation and as such all of our work is conducted with the following principles in mind: Social Inclusion; participation; collective action/solidarity; anti poverty; equality; empowerment & leadership and working in partnership with others.
Hillview Resource Centre promotes education, training & information in an informal way. This means that we host events and conduct one to one with groups and individuals. We are particularly keen to work with children & young people and have linked in with Ballinteer Community School and have conducted two in depth workshops with TY Students. In 2019 we are expanding this work to include 1st, 2nd, 3rd ad 4th years in a series of safety and information sessions e.g. cyber bullying and positive mental health. This strand of our work is crucial as an early intervention and prevention organisation.
Increasing skills in the community is an essential part of community development (capacity building) and we work with partners organisations e.g. other Family Resource Centre’s, ISPCC, Samaritan’s, Tusla Social Work Team, See Change, Spun Out, Belong To, Health Service Executive (HSE), Education & Training Board (ETB) and Crosscare Youth Service. We are opening an outreach office for some of our sensitive work; this office will only work with clients from the D16 area but will enable the organisation to participate in more one to one and confidential support.
We specialise in providing information/short courses through events held at the centre or our new outreach office, sessions planned for 2019 include:
- Family Well-Being Programme – a 4 week course for parents and their experiences
- Non Violent Resistance (NVR) – a 8 week programme for parents
- Suicide Awareness Day – raising increased awareness of suicide in the community
- Coderdojo – writing computer code for children
- Community Information – small group information sessions e.g. young people, older people, parents
- 16 Day Campaign – promoting the elimination of violence against women (coffee morning & information)
- Transgender Equality Network Ireland – community information coffee morning
- International Women’s Day – breakfast morning
- International Men’s Day – breakfast morning
- World Day Against Child Labour – information morning
- plus more…
Call Katie, Community Development Worker on 087 195 7419 for more information or to volunteer your time and expertise.